To provide support for Library programs, the Friends hold two types of Used Book Sales.
1) The ongoing book sale is located across from the Check Out Desk and contains books on a variety of topics, with
gift-quality holiday books being featured in November and December.
2) Book sales are held in the lower level FriendSpace on the second Saturdays of the month, with the exception of June.
FriendSpace 2017 book sale dates: January 14, February 11, March 11, April 8, May 13, July 8, August 12, September 9, October 7, November 11, December 9
Many book sale volunteers support Batavia Public Library by sorting the book donations throughout the year. We meet downstairs near the Youth Services area most Wednesday mornings from 10 am – 12 noon; most Saturday mornings from 10 am – 12 noon; and on the first Thursday evening of the month from 7 – 9 pm. Visitors are always welcome to observe and participate in the sorting process.
Donations of used books, CDs, and DVDs can be dropped off at the Check Out Desk anytime the Library is open. Because donations provide the foundation for our work, the Friends greatly appreciate your support.
Our Book Research Group identifies donations of greater value than our usual material. Most of these materials are sold in our Specials Room during the big sales. Also, look for our Friends of the Batavia Public Library name as the seller on Amazon and eBay. We have a dedicated group of volunteers that research, list and describe, and ship online orders.
· Book Lover’s Page a Day Calendars, published by Workman Publishing Co.
· Canvas Friends logo book bags
· Non-woven Friends / Library logo tote bags
· Plastic Friends / Library book bags—great on a rainy day
· School supplies, available in a vending machine, in the Youth Services department
Take part in the Friends' book sales and other activities. Please see the Friends Volunteer Opportunities page.